For those of you who aren't aware my current calling for the last couple years has been to teach the three year old sunbeam class in our church. They asked me at the beginning of this year if I would like to change classes, but the thought of teaching kids who can read is so foreign to me, teaching sunbeams is all I know.
Today our lesson was "I am Thankful for Food and Clothing" the lesson suggested we talk about where food comes from, so I began the discussion...
Where do chicken nuggets come from? Response: McDonalds.
Where does McDonalds get the chicken nuggets from? Response: the Happy Meal Factory.
Change of subject!
I am sorry but I cannot and will not be the one to burst these kids bubbles and share with them the reality of where chicken nuggets come from, and the nightmares that could result. We continued the lesson on where clothes come from and what foods we get from PLANTS. Teaching sunbeams is nothing if not exciting and ever changing. I love three year olds and the perspective they bring to the classroom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hey this is Beck! DO you want to join my blog? Can I join yours? I love this story! If only we were all so innocent
So cute Shann! Don't they come from Ronald?
Post a Comment